Virtual Museum Activities
Hi parents! We’ve scoured the web to find fun links for you and your children to keep busy with! Each room in the museum is represented with interactive lessons, videos, or games that are kid friendly!
The Berry Gallery: Natural History, Pioneers, Native Americans, and more!
Early Settlers and Pioneers:
- Build a timeline of the Texas Revolution.
- Learn about a 19th century farm with this interactive lesson!
- Create a Southern Belle in this fun dress up game!
Native American Culture:
- Use this interactive lesson to learn about the many people who called the Hueco Tanks home.
- Click through this site to learn about the Caddo tribe!
- Listen to the true story of Pocahontas in rap form.
- Test you knowledge on Native American culture with this quiz!
- Create a beadwork pattern with this simple game!
- Listen to lessons worth sharing about famous people and events by TED-ed.
- Test your knowledge on the Civil Rights movement!
- Learn about world-changing women with this quick sorting game.
The Bond Gallery: Animals and Nature!
- Watch videos on interesting creatures and nature!
- Build homes for animal’s with Arthur in this online game.
- Read the prompt above this digital sketchpad then draw a scene from nature!
- Take photos of mountain dwelling creatures in this virtual safari game!
- Play with nature in this fun animal game!
- Learn how ecosystems work with these fun online games:
The Wright Gallery: Art Appreciation and Creation!
- Print out this worksheet to learn about the elements of art!
- Create a sculpture from paper clips: Learn how!
- Create and paint in Andy’s virtual Art Studio.
- Visit Google’s Arts & Culture page often for exciting and new activities and lessons.
The Waggoner Room: Cowpokes and Homesteads!
- Design your own cowgirl in this online dress up game!
- Choose from many ranch inspired games and quizzes!
- Ride a bucking bull in this online game!
- Learn about the ranching industry and sharpen your math skills with The Steaks are High!
- Test you knowledge of agriculture and build a farm with Ag Across America!