2020 has proven to be an unusual year, but has taught us to plan, pray and hope for 2021 to return to a more normal way of living. The Red River Valley Museum is continuing to plan for this normalcy.
Click HERE to view and print a copy of this prospectus with an artist submission form attached!
January 19 Entries due
March 2 Notices of Acceptance mailed
April 19 Accepted entries due at RRVM
June 4 RRVM International Art Exhibition Opening & Artist Reception
July 16 Conclusion of Art Show
July 27 Art Show entries picked up
PRIZES TOTALING $5,000.00
David Band is a nationally recognized and award-winning artist, author, art critic, juror and conservator. He will select awards for the Red River Valley International Juried Art Exhibition and Competition. He has shown in and received awards in numerous major exhibitions across the United States. Mr. Band is a member of Allied Artists of America, Inc., Audubon Artists, Inc., Watercolor USA Honor Society, Salmagundi Club, the Artist’s Fellowship, and is a signature member of the National Watercolor Society.
Mr. Band is listed in the Biographical Encyclopedia of American Painters, Sculptors and
Engravers of the U.S., Who’s Who in American Art, Who’s Who in America, Who’s Who in
American Education, and International Directory of Distinguished Leadership. His work is
in many major corporate, institutional and private collections.
Art Show Information
- Painting: all paintings including acrylics, not under plexiglas
- Watercolor, pastel, prints, and drawings must be framed under clear acrylic or plexiglas
- Mixed Media: Photography, digital, construction, textile, etc
- Photography: All entries must be under clear acrylic or plexiglas
* Artists should be 18 yrs. of age or older.
* All Work must be original.
* Any work not meeting exhibition standards may be rejected by the exhibition
committee at its sole discretion.
* Work done under supervision, from a workshop, or class will not be accepted.
* Art work previously accepted in a RRVM juried exhibition will not be eligible.
* All entries must be for sale.
*Artists may submit up to 1-3 entries for a nonrefundable fee of $30. Additional
entries may be submitted @ $5 each.
* Entries should be submitted on a CD or USB flash drive in jpeg format. Work will be juried from this.
* One view per entered art piece must be submitted with a completed entry form.
EXCEPTION: Three views may be submitted for each 3-Dimensional work for the same fee.
* Label the front of the CD or note with USB flash drive with artist name, framed size, title, and media.
* CD’s of accepted work will be retained by the Red River Valley Museum for its records.
* CD’s will only be returned if a self-addressed, stamped envelope of a size to hold the CD is sent in with the completed entry form.
Delivery & Return of Accepted Entries
* Each artist must include a pre-paid return shipping label with a barcode on it or issue a Call Tag for return of any unsold art work.
* Accepted artwork that is shipped will be charged a $25 handling fee per box or crate. * Artwork not picked up at the end of the show will be charged $10 per month storage fee.
Artists should carry their own insurance. Reasonable care will be taken with CD’s and
original art. RRVM will not be responsible for loss or damage of any work
Any work different from the accepted entries will be disqualified. RRVM Exhibition Committee reserves the right to refuse any work submitted. All accepted works must remain on exhibit in the RRVM gallery for the duration of the exhibit. Anyone who does not comply with this standard will be excluded from all RRVM exhibitions for a period of 3 years. Artwork previously accepted in a RRVM juried exhibition will not be eligible. Artwork must be ready to hang with *wire hangers. (No *sawtooth hangers or *glass.) *PLEXIGLAS ONLY.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE FOR SALE: RRVM will handle all sales. A 20% commission will be retained on all sales.